Playing golf under COVID-19 Level 2:
1. All players should wash and dry their hands before and after play.
2. Shotgun or multiple tee starts can be held if they can be managed in a manner that does not see
groups of golfers congregating.
3. Groups of golfers should maintain a minimum distance of 2m between themselves and other
groups on the course.
4. Club events and competitions can be held so long as there is strict adherence to hygiene,
distancing, and gatherings regulations.
5. Exchanging of physical scorecards should be avoided if possible and we encourage the use of the
DotGolf score entry app.
6. All pins should be removed from practice putting greens.
7. Pins / flagsticks can be on the course however they should be left in the hole and should not be
touched or removed by any player where possible.
8. Bunker rakes can be on the course.
9. All drinking fountains, ball washers, and shared sunscreen stations should be closed.
10. Any shared club equipment must be cleaned after each use.
11. Coaching can be undertaken on a contactless basis and with strict 2m distancing being
1. The golf course, clubhouse, pro shop, changing rooms and any other facility at the golf club can open at Alert Level 2.
2. All staff, players, visitors must adhere to general government advice; particularly all recommended hygiene measures. Click here for further hygiene and sanitisation information.
3. For golf clubs, appropriate hygiene and sanitisation practices must be maintained throughout the facility including all common touch points and surfaces.
4. A system to record and retain the contact details of all staff, players and visitors should be in place to enable contact tracing should it be required. The NZ COVID Tracer QR code must be displayed.
5. Physical distancing (2 metres encouraged) between all staff, players and visitors should be
maintained. Distancing should be maintained on the golf course and throughout all club facilities.
6. All indoor facilities at a club need to restrict entry to a maximum of 100 people. Operations across indoor facilities must follow government guidelines as published at https://covid19.govt.nz.
7. All groups should be seated, have separation from other groups, and be served by a single server if possible. When customers are entering/exiting the clubhouse or paying, clubs should manage these processes in line with the distancing and serving guidelines.
8. Any staff who are on site should be provided with any appropriate personal protection equipment
to ensure they can remain healthy and safe.